Dine Like the Locals
The Village is also home to many fine restaurants, offering everything from local cuisine to upscale gourmet fare. Sample some of the region’s best dining here in the High Country. Be sure to ask out staff for our personal recommendations.
Interesting Facts about Blowing Rock, NC
- Jan Karon's series of "Mitford" books was based on Blowing Rock.
- Annie Oakley once ran a shooting range at Mayview Manor.
- Readers of Blue Ridge Country and Our State magazine voted Blowing Rock their favorite destination.
- The Green Mile was partially filmed in Blowing Rock.
- Ripley's "Believe It or Not!" states: "The Blowing Rock is the only place in the world where it snows upside down."
The Village is a year-round resort with something unique happening each season, with the great outdoors providing visitors with amazing vistas to discover during their stay. Hike to waterfalls on the Glen Burney trail, just beyond the Village. Fish in nearby streams. Ride horses at Moses Cone Park. Rock climb, mountain bike, or hike on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Ski at Appalachian Ski Mountain. It's all possible in the Blowing Rock and Boone areas.
An Art-Lover’s Dream
The arts are very much alive in Blowing Rock. From the famous Art in the Park festival and the displays of the Southern Highland Crafts Guild at Moses Cone Manor to performances at the Blowing Rock Stage Company, there are many fine visual and performing arts to experience in Blowing Rock.